[Asterisk-Users] ResponseTimeout problem

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun Nov 14 20:23:01 MST 2004

Joseph wrote:
> I'm trying to implement ResponseTimeout to give a customer a few extra
> seconds before ringing the phone.  But it doesn't work or I'm doing it
> the wrong way.
>
> exten => s,3,BackGround(welcome)
> exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,15
> exten => s,5,Goto(1,1)
>
> After playing "welcome" message it goes straight to 1,1 and ring the
> phone.
> How do I pause for 15sec and give customer some time to enter an option?

I'm assuming you have snipped the priorities 1 and 2.

exten => s,3,BackGround(welcome)
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout,15
exten => t,1,Goto(1,1)

Description
ResponseTimeout(seconds)

Set the maximum amount of time permitted after falling through a series
of priorities for a channel in which the user may begin typing an
extension. If the user does not type an extension in this amount of
time, control will pass to the 't' extension if it exists, and if not,
the call would be terminated.

If ResponseTimeout is not explicitly set in an extension, the default
value of 15 seconds will be used.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell