[Asterisk-Users] Best setup for BudgeTone

Jean-Denis Girard jd.girard at sysnux.pf
Sun Nov 14 10:35:24 MST 2004

Vahan Yerkanian a écrit :
> Wilson Pickett wrote:
>
>>> I'd like to know what's most reliable configuration for BudgeTone 101 in
>>> snip
>>>

>> The .16 firmware is beta and it has been found to work poorly for
>> several people, including me. I went back to .5.11 I would try to
>> check that first
>>

> Exactly, .16 has several bugs like message button not working, but .5.11
> has a *nasty* bug with not-reregistering after the timeout period, which
> leads to phone not ringing on incoming calls - you have to power cycle
> the phone to get it working.

Well, 1.0.5.16 is the official version on the grandstream site:
http://www.grandstream.com/y-downloads.htm. I only installed it last
friday, so I'm not sure it is better or worse now.
I was using 1.0.5.11 before, and was not aware of the non-reregistering
problem, which would explain why the phone would not ring. Now using the
static IP the phone no longer need to register, so I may safely go back
to 1.0.5.11, right?

Thanks,
Jean-Denis