[Asterisk-Users] (newbie) no dialtone on a TDM400P card

Soren Rathje asterisk at lolle.org
Sun Nov 14 08:06:37 MST 2004

Thomas Andrews wrote:
> I think I know what the problem is. I think that asterisk cannot
> generate dialtone because it had a problem with the soundcard.
>
> [chan_oss.so] => (OSS Console Channel Driver)
> Nov 14 16:35:49 WARNING[2078]: chan_oss.c:994 load_module: XXX I
>   don't work right with non-full duplex sound cards XXX == Registered
>   channel type 'Console' (OSS Console Channel Driver) == Parsing
> '/etc/asterisk/oss.conf': Found
> Nov 14 16:35:49 WARNING[2091]: chan_oss.c:240 sound_thread: Read
> error on sound device: Resource temporarily unavailable
>

> I had to put this in modules.conf to get rid of the error:
> noload => chan_oss.so
>
> So I assume now that it's not capable of making dialtone ?

I have noload'ed both chan_oss and chan_alsa and I still get a dialtone.

OK, Excercise 1;

Stop Asterisk, Stop Zaptel.

(I'm using FC1 so do the equivalent for Debian)
modprobe zaptel debug=1
insmod wctdm debug=1
/sbin/ztcfg

Now you can tail -f /var/log/messages and see hookstate. Already at this
point I get a dialtone on my FXS port.

/Soren