[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Gilad Ben-Yossef gilad at codefidence.com
Sun Nov 14 01:30:05 MST 2004

>>Further, that really does seem to fly in the face of the spirit of the GPL,
>>and this is touched on by the GPL FAQ:
>>
>>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCReleaseUnderGPLAndNF
>>
>>http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#TOCDeveloperViolate

You may or may not be aware that to contribute code to FSF owned and
maintained software one needs to assign copyright to the FSF in much the
same way one is required to assign copyrights to Digium.

True, I don't think the FSF are going to sell licenses to those programs
under different terms and Digium does.

FYI,

Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef <gilad at codefidence.com>
Codefidence. A name you can trust(tm)
Web: http://codefidence.com  | SIP: gilad at pbx.codefidence.com
Tel: +972.9.8650475 ext. 201 | Fax:  +972.9.8850643

"I am Jack's Overwritten Stack Pointer"
	-- Hackers Club, the movie