[Asterisk-Users] Re: getting callerid from spa3k to asterisk

Randy Bush randy at psg.com
Sat Nov 13 20:11:10 MST 2004

> if i have two sip contexts for my spa3k, on inbound and
> one outbound, e.g.
>
>     [spa3k-in]
>     type=friend
>     host=dynamic
>     port=5061
>     auth=md5
>     secret=pfui
>     qualify=1000
>     canreinvite=yes
>     context=ext-in42
>
>     [spa3k-out]
>     type=peer
>     auth=md5
>     secret=pfui
>     username=outpass
>     fromuser=outpass
>     host=spa3k.bogus.com
>     port=5061
>     nat=no
>     canreinvite=yes
>     context=ext-in42
>
> and the spa3k's PSTN / Subscriber Information / User ID: = spack-in,
>
> the incoming connection from spa3k to * is being routed to the
> spa3k-out context, not the spa3-in context.  see appended.
>
> i suspect this is a bug in * 1.0.1.

i found the problem, or at least a work-around.

if i reverse the order of the above two sip contexts, the incoming
call is properly routed to the spa3k-in sip context as opposed to
the wrong one, spa3k-out.

my guess is that * is traversing a list and taking the first
context which has the ip address and port it wants without
checking the context name against the name which was received
over the wire.  so it depends on what order the contexts are
inserted in the list.

aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

randy