[Asterisk-Users] spandsp problem

Michael Welter mike at introspect.com
Sat Nov 13 14:28:32 MST 2004

 From the * machine, I'm able to fax (txfax) just the first page of a
multi-page document.  I've tried this on a Sharp UX-P200 as well as an
HP 5510 machines with the same result.  The document was assembled using
gs from a series of .ps documents.

The fax machines are connected to an Adtran 750 channel bank and then to
the * machine with a T-1 crossover cable.  I can fax from one machine to
the other in this configuration without problems.  zttool doesn't
register any missed interrupts.

I'm using spandsp-0.0.1k  The span-0.0.2pre4 doesn't work for me.

The logs all have the following:

... (faxing first page)
 >>>MPS: 4f
HDLC underflow in state 13
Changed phase from 4 to 3
Slow carrier up/down/up/down, etc.
<<<XCN: fa
XCN with final frame tag
In state 13
Disconnecting
Changed phase from 3 to 7
Changed phase from 7 to 8
Hungup

While I was composing this email, I tried the fax again on the HP, and
it worked.  That tells me that the problem is intermittent and that
there's nothing wrong with the document.

Where should I be looking?  Should I put the fax machines on a TDM card
to eliminate the T-1?  Should I be trying to get the spandsp-0.0.2
version to work?

Thanks for your help.
Mike

--