[Asterisk-Users] Grandstream BT100 - No Sound with Playback()

davis at kangunet.net davis at kangunet.net
Thu Nov 11 11:00:15 MST 2004

Hi Everyone,

   I'm having a problem with a Grandstream Budge Tone 100 phone.  When
Asterisk send sound to the extension using Playback I'm getting the
following message:

    -- Executing Playback("SIP/2002-01fe", "tt-monkeysintro") in new stack
    -- Playing 'tt-monkeysintro' (language 'en')
Nov 11 11:54:02 WARNING[278540]: file.c:550 ast_readaudio_callback: Failed
to write frame
  == Spawn extension (from-sip, 5555, 1) exited non-zero on 'SIP/2002-01fe'

I tried every codec on the phone with no succes...

Here is the entry for the Grandstream phone in my sip.conf
[2002]
type=friend                   ; either "friend" (peer+user), "peer" or
context=from-sip
username=2002         ; usually matches the section title
fromuser=2002         ; overrides the callerid, e.g. required by FWD
secret=123456
callerid=John Doe <2002>
host=dynamic                 ; we have a static but private IP address
nat=no                       ; there is not NAT between phone and Asterisk
;canreinvite=yes               ; allow RTP voice traffic to bypass Asterisk
dtmfmode=rfc2833  ; either RFC2833 or INFO for the BudgeTone
;mailbox=1234 at default  ; mailbox 1234 in voicemail context "default"
;allow=all                  ; need to disallow=all before we can use allow
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

The BT100 and Asterisk are on the same lan...  It's look like every time
the playback function is executed the BT100 just hangup.

Thanks for your help,
Dave