[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Fri Nov 12 15:18:53 MST 2004

Citat Joe Greco <jgreco at ns.sol.net>:

> > I too demand sysmaster either pay Digium for a non-gpl license or
>
> Now, here, this gets to the heart of a problem I've hinted at before.
>
> Digium is making people sign a draconian agreement that gives up rights
> to patches and features that are integrated into Asterisk, by signing
> rights over to Digium.

Are you sure, that you have read the disclaimers ? There are two ways: you make
the software public domain, giving up the right, but not giving them to anybody
OR you give digium a non-execlusive (read NON), non-revocable right to use your
modifications. The copyright stays with you.

Please go back and read the disclaimer before making such statements.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen