[Asterisk-Users] OT: Grandstream problems

Thomas Hutton pres at nicheware.com
Fri Nov 12 12:03:43 MST 2004

Just a quick not on buggy Grandstream behavior- I've experienced some of
the same symptoms described with weird ping responses and the like and
it was a DHCP lease issue.  I'm using Webmin, and ISC DHCP server so
it's easy to see what's going on.  I found that if I powered down the
phone and deleted the active lease, then went into the inactive leases
and deleted all of them as well, then powered up the phone again it
worked perfectly.

Also if you have any Win95 or 98 machines on your network there may be a
bunch of inactive leases for unused IP addresses, but the darn machines
still respond on the old IP's when you ping them.  Shut down any of
these machines on your network, clear out the leases, and try again.

Thomas Hutton