[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Nov 12 11:50:36 MST 2004

Joe Greco wrote:
> Really?  Wouldn't it be nice, then, if Digium explicitly stated that this
> was their intention, in their little agreements?

[snip]

> That'd be the FSF calling this both "ethically tainted" and showing a loss
> of "moral standing".  I'd be happy to put it to them to see if there is a
> more specific opinion covering the case where a copyright holder actually
> forces contributors to sign away their rights.

Digium doesn't force anyone to do anything.  You are not required to
have your patches put into Digium's source tree.  If you don't like the
terms of the license then you don't have to use Asterisk nor do you have
to contribute to Asterisk.

Which of the two DIFFERENT Digium disclaimers do you have a problem with?

http://www.digium.com/disclaim.changes
or
http://www.digium.com/disclaimer.txt

Anyone that gets caught by suprize should have read the disclaimer more
carefully.