[Asterisk-Users] The BV patch: Some notes

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Nov 12 09:43:20 MST 2004

> Some notes on the Broadvoice patch
>
> * It makes your asterisk send less packets to Broadvoice by re-using
>    the authentication when re-registering
> * It, by mistake, adds extra logging that is simple to remove from
>    your chan_sip.c. This was added to help debug the code, but should
>    not have been included in the distributed patch.
> * It may also help other providers, but very few have such a limited
>    registration timeout. BroadVoice's equipment sets the expiration time
>    to a very low level to keep the NAT open.
> * We will issue an updated patch during the weekend
>
> This code will be submitted to the bug tracker so it, if approved, can be
> included in cvs head.

Olle,

Based on what you know and have experienced, would you care to guess at
whether this patch should be applied to an * server that has a registered
IP address?

I'm toying with the idea of waiting for the patch to be incorporated into
the cvs and not trying to maintain special patch levels, etc.

Rich