[Asterisk-Users] OT: Grandstream problems

Jim Dossey jdossey at att.net
Fri Nov 12 08:19:39 MST 2004

I know this is off topic a little, but I thought I would ask the people
that use this stuff everyday instead of trying to talk to some tech
support guy.

I just got a Grandstream 100 yesterday.  I plugged it into my network
and after a few seconds it showed the correct time and date.  After that
I tried to access the built-in web server.  After several tries I
finally got the login screen.  That took about 10 tries before it
displayed anything.  Then I entered the default password 'admin' and
clicked the Login button.  After that I got nothing.  The phone still
seemed to be working - I could press the Menu button and the menu would
come up and I could scroll through it.

After trying that for awhile, I decided to try a firmware upgrade.  So I
entered the grandstream tftp server address into the phone
(168.75.215.189) and it did seem to do the upgrade.  At least I think it
did.  The "P" entry in the revision screen shows 1.0.5.16.  There are
lots of other revision numbers in there that I'm not sure about.

I also tried changing out the ethernet cable, and plugging it into
different ports on my Linksys switch (BEFSX41), but nothing works.

Do I just have a bad unit?

TIA