[Asterisk-Users] Echo - UK Impedance problem with X100P?

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Nov 12 07:46:36 MST 2004

No offense intended, but the x100p card was never marketed in the UK (or
other countries) by digium, etc. Those that found a way to purchase the
card obviously didn't do the research necessary to understand what they
were getting into and probably didn't have any sort of understanding of
what their country telco standards actually were from a system engineering
perspective. Those that elected the clones obviously have even less
knowledge/experience.

As far as the motherboard issue, its not just the digium products that
have an issue. If you know of someone that is heavy into using audio
applications (eg, song writers, midi stuff), they have known about the
pci / interrupt latency issues on certain motherboards for a loooong
time. Wouldn't doubt those folks maintain a list of what's reasonable
verses unacceptable.

> I am not willing to spend money on a system where even the most basic things are
incompatible with everybody but the US, this is just
> stupid I am using the X100P in a small office so that we can have a small PBX, seems daft
having to upgrade my hardware just because
> of another US oversight. I am using a Gigabyte Titan 4 Pro motherboard and also tried it
on another PC with an Intel motherboard and it
> had the same affect it could be Zapata.conf but pin pointing this is getting stupid I
might invest in a commercial PBX as this is wasting