[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Stefan Märkle stefan.maerkle at netpioneer.de
Fri Nov 12 06:07:07 MST 2004

> From: Matt Riddell <matt.riddell at sineapps.com>
> > what's about slashdot?
> > Matteo
>
> Yup.
>
> 1. The strings prove it is Asterisk
> 2. They deny it is
> 3. We have multiple sources who can confirm this
>
> So, let's all post the article on GPL violation to Slashdot.
> All in favour?

No I'm not.
One of the asterisk regulars (doesn't have to be Mark but can) should write to them and give them a hint about what 'the project' expects from them and why (the proves etc.). Something like a GPL publication of their code and small to medium donation to the asterisk project. Set them a deadline for reaction (7 to 14 days).

Furthermore the only one who can claim a GPL violation is a buyer of their software, since only the direct customer has to be informed about sourcecode availability.

Give them one more chance to react before slashdotting them.
Since I suspect they will not, have your slashdot fun afterwards (in a week or two) ;-)

Just my 2 cents and a claim for communication culture
Stefan