[Asterisk-Users] chan_sccp and Cisco 7940

Jan Czmok czmok at gatel.net
Fri Nov 12 05:33:48 MST 2004

Derek Conniffe (derek at rivertower.ie) wrote:
> Answering myself (but might be useful to anyone else):
>
> The Cisco 7940 / chan_sccp DOES answer calls just fine providing that I
> only setup one line (the 7940 has two "line" buttons).  So this is
> getting me by with this phone perfectly although I'm sure I'm missing
> something here as  the multiple lines with chan_sccp should work and I
> haven't seen anyone else ask this not-picking-up question - this should
> be especially important for 7960s which have 6 line buttons.
>
> The only thing that I find is a bit of a pity is that there doesn't seem
> to be a way to make the Voicemail button work (i.e. automatically dial
> the mailbox extension) - when the voicemail button is pressed this comes
> up on the asterisk console: "Got {StimulusMessage}
> stimulus=VoiceMail(15) stimulusInstance=1" and, on the next line,
> "sccp_actions.c:343 sccp_handle_stimulus: VM Button is not yet handled.
> working on implementation".

Hi Derek,

i am currently busy with my primary work, but i have the voicemail
function reprogrammed so that it works with the VM_button. i still have
to clean up the code, but i will submit it within the next week.

Sorry that i am busy at the moment, not being able to fully audit /
update the code and tickets.

Jan Czmok                                  email: jczmok at cogentco.com
Sr. Network Engineer / IP Engineering      voice: +49-69-299896-35
                                           fax  : +49-69-299896-40
cogent Communications Deutschland GmbH     www  : www.gatel.net
Optical Internet                           AIM  : JanCzmok