[Asterisk-Users] Continuing a call to callee after caller has hung up.

Nick Barnes nick at bcn-it.co.uk
Fri Nov 12 05:08:44 MST 2004

Hi,

I need to be able to continue a call with a callee after the caller has hung
up. Is this possible using the 'Dial' command?

The situation:

We have inbound calls which we'd like to gather some stats on - audio
quality of call, type of call (sales, support) etc.

The best time to do this is immediately after the caller has hung up (or
been hung up on with the '*' key) when we would like to take the callee
through an IVR script.

If the caller hangs up, the callee's line is terminated immediately - there
doesn't seem to be any way of trapping this (even with the 'g' Dial
parameter, the call isn't continued).

At the moment I'm doing it by having the callee dial back into an IVR
script, but this is by no means ideal - if another call comes in in between
them dialing back or they forget to do it, the information's lost.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Nick.