[Asterisk-Users] attempting native bridge error

Ashling O'Driscoll ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie
Fri Nov 12 03:51:40 MST 2004

Hi,

Hope somebody has an idea as to what the following means:

I am making a call from one xlite client (2000) to another xlite
client (2001) via asterisk. The call seems to connect fine and each
client comes up as 'connected'. They both have the same codecs
enabled and have turned the silence settings to yes. However I can
hear any audio. My microphone and speakers are working fine and when
i did an ethereal sniff I can see the rtp packets being transmitted.

On the asterisk console I am seeing a message "attempting native
bridge between 2000 and 2001".

Has anybody any idea what this could be?? Previous threads have
suggested that it is the codecs but toh client support gsm and I have
allowed for all the codecs in my sip.conf config file.

Thanks,
Aisling

The above electronic mail transmission is confidential and intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. Its contents may be protected by legal and/or professional privilege. Should it be received by you in error please contact the sender at the above quoted email address. Any unauthorised form of reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited. The Institute does not guarantee the security of any information electronically transmitted and is not liable if the information contained in this communication is not a proper and complete record of the message as transmitted by the sender nor for any delay in its receipt.