[Asterisk-Users] SysMaster and GPL Violation

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Thu Nov 11 22:45:42 MST 2004

Ok I have known about this for over a month now and have yet to see anything
come of it.  Just a little note that Sysmaster is packaging up Asterisk in
their product and not giving a notice with the product with an offer to the
source of the the GPL software they use inside their products.  They even
lie and tell people such as myself outright that it's not Asterisk.  If
Digium doesn't push the issue it only weakens the GPL.

I have been quiet about this far too long and I feel its only right that
they come clean and either license the product at the full rate Digium
requests and pay that fee on every box they have sold from day one or offer
up the source code.  (Either way the Asterisk community wins)

So all you Sysmaster owners run strings on the 'voipgw' binary that runs on
those boxes and you'll see that its asterisk.  If you have doubts I'll post
more proof.

bkw