[Asterisk-Users] SIP no working in 1/4 installations

James MacLean macleajb at ednet.ns.ca
Thu Nov 11 19:49:48 MST 2004

Hi folks,

New user.

Installed latest CVS on 4 PCs.

On only one, the fastest one, SIP comes across as if it was getting
chopped to pieces. Thought it might be due to the PC being the only AMD
processor of the 4, but recompiled with k6 and no difference.

IAX seems fine.  Tried different SIP clients and from different client PC's.

Searched and found a little about sound going silent over time and I am
seeing that on an SMP machine I am testing if I connect with SIP, but at
least it starts fine when I connect. When I connect to this PC it's as
if it is jittering so bad all you get are pops. Since it's a 3200+ and
not much else running on it, I expected it to handle a single SIP better
;-).

Something obvious I expect but it's a long learning curve (not
necessarily steep, but long) and I'm hoping someone can point out what I
am missing ;) ?

JES