[Asterisk-Users] Monitor/Record MeetMe Conversations

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Thu Nov 11 08:46:47 MST 2004

>What is the easiest way to record all parties of a meetme conference into 1
sound file?

The easiest way is to Originate a call from the manager interface from a
Local extension that is setup to record(see example below) for a flat amount
of time and have it call into the meetme room. It'll record all sides of the
conversation. We've been using this for months and we do over 1000
recordings a day like this.

Recording Extension:

# send the callerID string in the originate to name the recording file
exten => 8309,1,Answer
exten => 8309,2,Monitor(wav,${CALLERIDNAME})
exten => 8309,3,Wait,3600
exten => 8309,4,Hangup

MATT---

I tried using Monitor just before the MeetMe call and it gave me files for
each person.

THanks,
Matthew