[Asterisk-Users] cisco poe

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Thu Nov 11 08:07:24 MST 2004

I know this is on the wiki, I just want to confirm so I don't blow up my
cisco phones.  I've got several cisco 7940's all running using cisco
power cubes.  However, my boss wants me to switch just a few over to
poe, but doesn't want to fork out the dough for a nice cisco poe switch,
or anybody else's poe switch for that matter.

So my question is, what is the '99.999% sure/safe' poe injector solution
that most people are using for the cisco phones?

Right now I'm looking at buying the 3-Com 3CNJPSE (qty 2-3) to power the
few specific locations where a power cube just wouldn't look right, like
a conference room table for example. :)  I know this solution, thanks to
the fact that it is a 'hack', is far from the 99.999% I just stated, but
  it also seems to be the only low-end solution for poe.  Am I right, or
just plain blind?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher L. Wade                     Unistar-Sparco Computers, Inc.
Senior Systems Administrator                            dba Sparco.com