[Asterisk-Users] Top posting

Joe Greco jgreco at ns.sol.net
Thu Nov 11 06:46:08 MST 2004

> If someone provides me with an answer to a question or provides information
> to enhance my asterisk system, I don't care if they top-post or bottom-post.

That could well be fine, but things rapidly get confusing as it moves from
"providing a single answer to a simple question" to "having an extended
discussion about some complicated topic", and there are unlimited shades
of gray in the middle.

It's better to have consistent rules, because inconsistency leads to people
who cannot understand the difference between posting a simple answer to
a simple question and the 100 screen mega-discussion.

There's no reason, other than sheer laziness, to top-post.  Providing
useful information might lessen the offense somewhat :-), but does not
(IMO) make it somehow okay to do.

... JG