[Asterisk-Users] Several Problems with PhoneJack

Michael Vogel icarus at dabo.de
Thu Nov 11 05:46:32 MST 2004

Hi!

I just bought an ISA phonejack and now I'm having some kind of problems
using it.

My system:
- Debian Woody
- P-II/333
- 192mb memory
- Kernel 2.6.5
- Asterisk 1.0 (installed as Woody-backport)
- slightly modified ixj-module
- ISA phonejack
- Internet via ADSL (768mBit downlink)
I connected asterisk with my sip-account at sipgate.de and connected the
phone as well.

I can call my phone from the outside (over the sip-account). But my
local phone doesn't ring :-( But when I answer the phone - without
hearing the ring - the connection is etablished.

Outgoing calls (over sip) are initiated aber the first digit. I have
read (in the list archieves) that this is a known problem. And there
seems to be a patch that with this patch a phone number has to finish
with a #. Is this patch available?

And my last problem: Outgoing calls seem to have a very bad quality. Is
my system too slow?

Bye!

Michael