[Asterisk-Users] asterisk support for ISDN 1TR6 ?

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Thu Nov 11 04:52:02 MST 2004

On Thu, 2004-11-11 at 11:38 +0100, Frank Sautter wrote:
> can someone give me any hints if the old german ISDN protocol '1TR6' is
> supported by asterisk.
> we have a potential customer who has an existing conventional PBX which
> has to be extended by an asterisk server. unfortunately this existing
> PBX speaks 1TR6 on it's ISDN ports.

I know my Eicon Diva Server BRI card supports 1TR6 on the ISDN side and
works fine with Asterisk. To activate 1TR6 all I would have to do is
upload the proper firmware to the card. Maybe the AVM Fritz! cards
support 1TR6 too. Worth checking out. The Eicon cards are expensive
while the AVM Fritz! is much cheaper.

Regards,
Patrick