[Asterisk-Users] DTMF and Access Codes

Nathan Bowyer nbowyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 16:49:31 MST 2004

Hello,

I have a problem which I've found quite strange, to say the least.  I
have a client who uses long distance access codes from their LD
provider.  The codes are 4-digits, nothing extraordinary there.  The
problem is, if you dial the digits quickly, without pauses inbetween
them, the LD company does not recognize those digits.  If you dial the
code slowly, everything works.

Phones I'm using are Cisco 7960G phones, * is connected by PRI to the
PSTN.  7960Gs are on SIP v6.3

If I set the phones to use inband DTMF, and Asterisk to use rfc2833,
the LD codes work no matter how fast or slow I key them in.  It Just
Works.  If I set both Asterisk and the Phone to either inband or
rfc2833, fast digit dialing breaks the LD codes.

Anyone ever see anything like this before, or know of any way to fix it?

Thanks,
Nathan