[Asterisk-Users] Broadvoice asterisk patch

Michael Giagnocavo mgg-digium at atrevido.net
Wed Nov 10 16:08:17 MST 2004

>Why don't you make your disdain known to Broadvoice, rather than
>Asterisk users?  To claim that someone opens a security hole by

For the same reason this was originally posted to the asterisk-user list.

>accepting a verified patch via email, is the same as claiming that you
>never have a security hole just because you download from "trusted"
>sites.  Webservers can be hacked, you know.  And not every
>buffer-overflow will lead to a security issue -- many just crash the
>system.

Well sure, you can go hack a webserver, that's true, and whoever got hacked
would get lambasted. However I think anyone will agree that it's a tad bit
more difficult than just sending an email using your favourite email
program.

It's not the same at all, and I think you understand this.

>Could we please get back on topic?

Sure, what's the topic? Isn't it something to do with a patch for asterisk?

-Michael