[Asterisk-Users] Pause during dial

Henry Devito hdevito at qwest.net
Wed Nov 10 12:15:04 MST 2004

> Is there a way to put pauses in a dial string?  I need * to dial a
> number then pause for 6 seconds and dial a second string of numbers.
>
>search the list.
>This question has been answered tons of time before.
>
>Matteo.

Good day,

I did search the list before I posted and found several answers all saying
to use the "w" prompt.  I have not been able to get this to work, so I was
hoping to get an example from someone on the list. I need to dial one
variable pause and the dial the second variable.  I tried to use the "D"
prompt also, but I must be making a formatting error.

exten => 3,1,DigitTimeout(4)         ; Set Digit Timeout 4 seconds
exten => 3,2,ResponseTimeout(5)      ; Set Response Timeout 5 sec
exten => 3,3,Read(destination,enter_destination,4)
exten => 3,4,NoOp(${destination})
exten => 3,5,Wait(2)
exten => 3,6,Read(pin,Enter_pin,6)
exten => 3,7,NoOp(${pin})
exten => 3,8,Dial(sip/${destination}D{$pin})
exten => 3,9,Hangup