[Asterisk-Users] non blind call transfers

Arvanitis Kostas arvanit at ellemedia.com
Wed Nov 10 08:00:56 MST 2004

On Friday 29 October 2004 23:17, lenz wrote:
> Hello list,
> I was looking for a way to implement non-blind call transfers with *,
> i.e. the usual behaviour of most PBXs when pressing the flash button:
> - A and B are talking
> - A pushes flash
> - A is free to compose a new number
> - B hears music on hold
> - A's call is answered by C
> - A hangs up
> - B and C are in conversation
>
> As much as I can understand, * only supports blind transfers, where
> if C does not answer the phone there is no way for A to get back to
> B. Is there a way to have a standard flash behaviour?

Yes, * only supports blind (unattended) transfers by default.

However there is a patch by anthm (real name) in the Digium bug database
(bug number 0002460,
http://bugs.digium.com/bug_view_page.php?bug_id=0002460 )
that provides this functionality for the CVS version, and some of the
older patches there are usable with the 1.0.1 version of *.