[Asterisk-Users] Re: Old Dialogic Hardware Questions

Jason Stewart jstewart at rtl.org
Wed Nov 10 06:41:41 MST 2004

On 09/11/04 16:13 -0500, Matt Gibson wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have a quick question regarding some old Dialogic hardware. We have an
> old Artisoft PBX (http://www.artisoft.com/PBXPhoneSystems.html). In this
> box are some older ISA Dialogic cards.
> My question is, does anyone know if the following Dialogic cards work
> with asterisk or in Linux at all?
> They are not mentioned on the digium site as supported, nor could I find
> anything specific to these cards
> on the mailing list archives.
>
> Dialogic D/80SC-4LS
> and
> Dialogic MSI/240SC-Global
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Matt

Hi Matt,

There's not many people using Dialogic cards with *. The best way to
know if the Dialogic card has * drivers is to call Digium since they
wrote the drivers. Be prepared to pay money for the drivers since
Digium had to pay Intel to develop the drivers.

I've worked with the MSI boards and I do know that you can use them
with SR5.1 of the Dialogic SDK. 5.1 is the last release that Intel
released for free. The MSI board is legacy and IIRC it's not supported
in the newer releases. I would assume that the D/80SC-4LS is also
supported.

If you decide to use the Dialogic SDK be prepared to be locked into a
redhat 7.2/7.3 only configuration with lots of back-assward kernel
patches and STREAMS subsystem add-ons.

Getting frustrated with the lack of support and rising prices on the
part of Intel, I sold all my Dialogic equipment on ebay and bought a
TE405P.

Regards,
Jason