[Asterisk-Users] Digium Generic Boards - Low Prices / High Quality.

Tue Nov 9 17:24:54 MST 2004

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 20:03:34 -0300, Richard Moore
<asterisk_ipbx at hotmail.com> wrote:

> As announced before we're starting selling only E100P based
> boards. T100P boards and other "digium-like" products will
> be available in 20-30 days.

First of all, this list is not for soliciting sales.

Second, the cards you are referring to are Jim Dixon Zapata Tormenta
cards, not Digium cards or "Digium-like" cards.

Those cards are open source GPLed hardware, thanks to Jim Dixon.

http://www.zapatatelephony.org

Anybody who wants to, can download the gerber files from Jim's site
and make their own cards. No royalties, no license fees.

So, if you are making your own Zaptel cards using Jim's work, you
should at least have the courtesy giving credit to the person who
developed and released those cards under the GPL: Jim Dixon.

> 500 units were sold only today. (E100P)

Anybody who wants 500 units, not interested in the support Digium
provides, should consider making their own cards.

> don't waste money :)

People buy those cards from Digium for good reasons: Digium provide
support. They don't consider paying for support to be a waste of
money.

rgds
benjk

Tokyo, Japan.