[Asterisk-Users] Voicemail questions

Chris Armour chris.armour at sympatico.ca
Tue Nov 9 13:16:40 MST 2004

More Newbie Questions! This time about Comedian Mail:

1. I have the vmail.cgi script running and it looks great. Is there a permanent fix to the permissions problem on the messages? Right now I have to "chmod 777" the voicemail directory before I can listen to messages, which is obviously not workable for normal use.

2. Are there any simple guidelines for configuring SendMail to forward the voicemails to my ISP e-mail address? The odd thing is that, without changing anything on my system, this suddenly started working perfectly one night and then it stopped - again for no apparent reason!

3. I am still looking for a simple Message Waiting application - preferably for Windoze. A few folks previously suggested some monitoring tools which either provided more than I wanted or didn't work. What I am thinking of is just something very very simple that sits in the Win System Tray and turns red when I have a message in Asterisk. It could maybe tell me how many voice messages I have, but even that would be overkill! If there is nothing that does this, I would highly recommend it as a project for a developer out there. Many IP hard & soft phones do not have message waiting lights and this would help to fill the gap.

Thanks!

Chris