[Asterisk-Users] how to get Stable 1.X via CVS

Seth Remington sremington at saberlogic.com
Tue Nov 9 06:42:19 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 03:53, Wilson Pickett wrote:
> > > cvs checkout -r v1-0 zaptel libpri asterisk asterisk-addons asterisk-sounds
> > >
> > > So this means you would be getting 1.0? Or?
> > >
> > It means you'd be getting the stable branch. (the most current stable version)
>
> That's good once you know it, but wouldn't this *appear* to get you
> 1.0? I can see how new users would be confused by this. It isn't that
> obvious to me, either.

-r v1-0 is the best advice. The individual stable sub-releases are also
getting CVS tags as well so if you want to get version 1.0.2 it's just
-r v1-0-2

You can see all of the available tags by running "cvs log <filename>" on
a file in the source tree. Towards the top of the output you will see a
list of "Symbolic Names" which are the tags. They are in the form
<tagname>: <CVS version>. The CVS version is not important for our
purposes; they are mostly for CVS internal housekeeping.

If all of tagnames get confusing (unfortunately the tag naming standard
appears to have changed over time) just stick with v1-0.

-Seth

--
Seth Remington
SaberLogic, LLC