[Asterisk-Users] Faxing issues (no VoIP involved)

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Nov 9 05:08:52 MST 2004

On November 9, 2004 05:44 am, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
> You could try:
>
> exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial,Zap/47/BYEXTENSION||d
>
> the "d" at the end means, that we are talking about a data call, that is
> passed through, taking, that you haven't set that yet.

As a datapoint I send and receive probably 50 or more faxes a day without any
issues whatsoever.

PRI - *1 - IAX2 - *2 - Adit600 - 2 Fax machines

The IAX2 link is one hop (SDSL from our "colo" downtown to our office 2km
away), *1 has a TE405P and *2 has a T100P.  I'm not using any kind of unusual
dial command or options.

I kind of wondered what 'd' did differently, I'm interested in seeing if this
helps Daniel's problem.

... We have one of *the* most picky fax machines around, too: a Canon iR3300.
It refused to negotiate with several machines before we did anything at all
involving VOIP.

-A.