[Asterisk-Users] Unable to process inband DTMF on 2 frames and other messages

Goran Obradovic goran at dvscorp.com
Tue Nov 9 02:50:23 MST 2004

Hi,

I have Asterisk up and running with one FXO, one FXS and 2 SIP clients
(X-Lite). One SIP client is running on laptop (wired connection), and
another on PocketPC (5550, WLAN connection). I have dialplan which enables
all internal (each user with each user internally) and also external calls
via FXO (each client can call outside line). Voice mail, music on hold (MP3)
etc all are ok.

Still, I have several problems:
a) During SIP calls I have the following messages scrolling:
dsp.c:1452 ast_dsp_process: Unable to process inband DTMF on 2 frames
Does anyone know how to deal with this to eliminate this message?

b) When there is no activity in the system, I have another message scrolling
(every 15sec or every 1min):
chan_sip.c:497 retrans_pkt: Maximum retries exceeded on call "some long
string or hex numbers"@10.10.1.101 for seqno 102 (Request)

where 10.10.1.101 is my Asterisk box.
Again, does anyone know how to eliminate this message?

In addition I have some quality issues with PocketPC calls but I suppose
that can not be resolved easily with X-Lite version of the soft client and
especially over 802.11b integrated connection.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Goran