[Asterisk-Users] X100P, Caller Id and Ireland

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Tue Nov 9 00:49:16 MST 2004

I have read that many people have problems with Caller Id in the Uk.

What kind of surprises me is that incoming caller Id workes for me with an
X100P and Asterisk (pre 1.0 release) without any modifications.

I know that in Ireland we use the same wiring and phone connectors as the US
(RJ11 with the centre pairs carrying the line) and in the UK I think they
use a flat connector and the two outside pairs.  Having said that I would
have assumed that our caller Id system (caller Id before the first ring?)
would be the same as the UK.

Does anyone know if the Irish telephone system uses the same caller Id
scheme as the US - I'm very interested because if we do it would suggest
that the Digium FXS modules should be able to supply caller id to standard
POTS telephones here (I believe this is a complaint with UK users?).

Thanks,

Derek

---