[Asterisk-Users] re: CallerID for the UK

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Mon Nov 8 20:10:22 MST 2004

Charles Osstyn [charlie at osstyn.demon.co.uk] wrote:
> (Article auto-converted from unnecessary HTML to nice plain text.)
>

> Hi all, I am too new with Linux, to really experiment with the callerid.
> I know the problem is due to BT using a different technical platform.
>
> So as too using Perl or any other scripts and a modem to create the work
> around required to get the callerid to work UK I need some help in this
> field.
>
> Anyone, got a step-by-step guide, how to add this to a working setup?

If you're using an X100P then I have some patches that will give you
UK (BT) Caller*ID without having to resort to the use of modems and
scripts.  Email me off-list if you want the patch files.

> This would solve my last technical issue. Many thanks in advance also any
> one got any RPM's for a GUI which can be used to setup SIP and IAX
> account and configure the dial plan through a nice web interface.

There are several web-based interfaces out there.  Whether you consider
any of them to be "nice" is up to you. :-)

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz