[Asterisk-Users] [OT] Old Building Needs a New Telephone System

Harry McGregor hmcgregor at espri.arizona.edu
Mon Nov 8 16:54:57 MST 2004

802.3AF calls for power to be on the data wires

http://standards.ieee.org/getieee802/download/802.3af-2003.pdf

Table 33C.1 and 33C.2 on page 90 clearly states that in mode A

Terminal A is on pin 3
Terminal B is on pin 6
Terminal C is on pin 1
Terminal D is on pin 2

There is a mode B which uses 4,5,7,8

Endpoint based POE may support either A or B, while midspan can only
support option B (Page 29).

			Harry