[Asterisk-Users] txfax problem?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Mon Nov 8 16:38:37 MST 2004

Michael Welter wrote:

> In my dial plan, I have
>
> exten => 160,1,txfax(${FILENAME})
>
> When I dial 160 from a fax machine, I hear a broken dial tone.  The
> processor utilization goes to 100%, and the following pair of messages
> is displayed at the console:

100% CPU utilisation is not normal, unless you have a 16MHz 386
processor. :-)

> Slow carrier up
> Slow carrier down
>
> This pair of messages repeats until I push the "Start" key on the fax.
> At this point things return to normal and the fax is sent to the machine.
>
> Is this how it should work?  I'm using asterisk-1.0.2 and spandsp-0.0.1k

It may be the settings of your FAX machine. Some won't go into receive
mode when they are the caller, unless special action is taken. Was there
any document in the FAX machine's send tray? Some refuse to receive
until they have finished sending. When I call into txfax with a fax
machine the machine receives OK.

Steve