[Asterisk-Users] Polycom 600 as a Receptionist Phone

Brian Pavane asterisk-users at brianpavane.org
Mon Nov 8 15:02:12 MST 2004

I am attempting to setup a Polycom SoundPoint 600 in the same manner
that I have a Cisco 7960 (SIP) operate as a receptionist phone.  With
the Cisco 7960, I am able to have 6 line appearances all display the
same phone number, and thus give the receptionist the ability to handle
6 simultaneous calls.  I would like to do this same setup with the 6
line appearances on the SoundPoint 600, and thus give the receptionist
the ability to select lines via the line apperance buttons, and handle
her active calls via the line appearnce buttons.

With the Cisco, I can simply take the same lineX settings, and reproduce
them up to 6 times, and thus have the phone handle up to 6 appearnces of
the same line.  When I have attempted to do the same thing with the
Polycom configuration, I was not able to get this to work.

Can anyone provide a Polycom configuration file for a receptionist phone?

Thank you.

-Brian