FW: [Asterisk-Users] Need a creative solution - Caller IDanda stupidupstream

Paul Rodan asterisk at glitch.cc
Mon Nov 8 12:39:47 MST 2004

Ok. I discovered that this flag will not work, it actually sets the caller
ID to the extension being dialed, ie:

exten => 1235551212,1,Dial(SIP/whatever,15,f)

works perfectly. The caller id will show 1235551212, however:

exten => 1212,1,Dial(SIP/whatever/15,f)

does not work. I believe it tries to set the caller ID to 1212, and
completely ignores what's in the sip.conf file in the "callerid=" field.
This would work fine for external callers, but if somebody wanted to dial an
internal extension, like 101, it'll try to set the caller ID to 101 and that
won't work. Office users would have to dial the 10 digit number.

This would be fine for home users, but for internal offices this won't work.

I verified that the callerid field was being ignored on forward by setting
what's in the callerid field to 1235551213 and when I placed a normal call
from my voip phone to my cell, the caller ID did show 1235551213; however
when I did CFWDALL on my voip phone to go to my cell phone, I then called
the 1235551212 number with another cell phone, the number that showed up on
my cell phones caller ID was 1235551212;

Help anyone? I hate caller ID.

Ohh, and a side thought, how many of you out there had cell phone usage
triple since you got into VOIP? Hehe.