FW: [Asterisk-Users] Need a creative solution - Caller ID and a stupidupstream

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Nov 8 10:34:03 MST 2004

Paul Rodan wrote:

> Nobody responded so I’m sending this out again. I need help on stopping
> the “Change caller ID on forward” trick that either Cisco or Asterisk
> keeps doing. My upstream provider doesn’t like it.

This doesn't help?

       'f' -- Forces callerid to be set as the extension of the line
              making/redirecting the outgoing call. For example, some PSTNs
              don't allow callerids from other extensions then the ones
              that are assigned to you.

Of course you have to do a "show application dial" to see all the Dial()
options.