[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and nat

Fabian Müller mueller.fab at gmx.net
Mon Nov 8 08:40:32 MST 2004

"Ashling O'Driscoll" <ashling.odriscoll at cit.ie> writes:

> I first set up asterisk and two clients on the same network and it
> worked fine. I now have asterisk set up which is acting as a sip
> registrar. It is behind nat. I also have two clients which are behind
> nat on two separate networks. I can no longer register the clients. I
> have set 'nat=yes' in the client config but is there something else I
> must do for the asterisk sevrer itself?...

I am only able to give you a link which might help you. Benjamin on
Asterisk always writes good articles about nat (and other things as
well). Here is one of them:

http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-users/2004-October/068275.html

You probably should read the whole thread. Click the link "thread" on
that page and search in the new page for postings with the the subject
"Almost there--Remote connection".

--
Fabian Müller