[Asterisk-Users] Siemens GSM terminal with Wildcard FXO

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Sun Nov 7 17:40:33 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 23:31, Ronan Mullally wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, Martin List-Petersen wrote:
>
> > or you can look at chan_bluetooth
> > (http://www.crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth). It's a work in
> > progress, but seems to do the job, if you can get audio working. A
> > cellphone and a bluetooth module are usually quite a lot cheaper than a
> > GSM-to-PSTN adapter (usually 500 EUR and up) and a FXO or FXS (100 EUR
> > and up) device.
>
> You can get FTCs for well under 500 Euros - I can get my hands on Ericsson
> F151s for about 230 Euros + VAT, assuming reasonable (a dozen or so)
> quantities.

Surely, but who wants a dozen or so of them. Most people only want to
implement one. And the cellphone + bluetooth dongle solution still is
cheaper.

Also you still would have the about 100 eur (depending on what and where
you buy it) for a FXO/FXS module and you would have a digital to pstn to
digital conversion with all the hassle, that comes with it.

Even a ISDN to GSM box is a better solution than going the way of
connecting via PSTN, because it would be 25 EUR for the ISDN card, the
same about 500 EUR for the box AND for a bit more even 2 GSM units in
one box (which is handy, since there are 2 channels on a BRI S0 bus).

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen