[Asterisk-Users] Siemens GSM terminal with Wildcard FXO

Martin List-Petersen martin+asterisk at list-petersen.net
Sun Nov 7 13:21:09 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 16:36, Ronan Mullally wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Nov 2004, jafar mohammed wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to implement GSM origination for a VOIP
> > system i am developing. I am purchasing a Siemens M20
> > Terminal and would like to know if i can plug it into
> > my Wildcard FXO device to get incoming GSM calls
> > routed to the Asterisk server. If anyone has been able
> > or successful in using this terminal please let me
> > know. And if any of you have this terminal can you
> > hook it up to a telephone headset and see if incoming
> > calls will ring the headset.
> >
> > Thank you.

[moved top- to bottom-post]

> Hi Jafar,
>
> You want to look at Fixed Cellular Telephones (FCTs) like the Nokia
> Premicell or the Ericsson F251.  As I understand it these present a
> PSTN interface which you can plug into an FXS interface.

or you can look at chan_bluetooth (http://www.crazygreek.co.uk/content/chan_bluetooth).
It's a work in progress, but seems to do the job, if you can get audio
working. A cellphone and a bluetooth module are usually quite a lot cheaper
than a GSM-to-PSTN adapter (usually 500 EUR and up) and a FXO or FXS (100 EUR and up)
device.

Kind regards,
Martin List-Petersen
Dublin, Eire