[Asterisk-Users] FreeBSD asterisk and zaptel versions

Richard Airlie richard at darq.net
Sun Nov 7 06:06:24 MST 2004

Hello List,

I seem to have a reoccuring problem trying to find the right version
of the zaptel drivers to run with asterisk under FreeBSD.

I had been running asterisk-0.9 with zaptel 0.7 with no problems (both
built from FreeBSD ports). Yesterday I cvsup'd my ports tree and build
asterisk 1.0.1_1 and zaptel 0.8_1, which seemed to work except that
any attempt to play music on hold completely hangs to box.

I had a similar problem in the past with moh hanging the box, and it
was apparently solved by finding the magic combination of the right
versions of asterisk and zaptel.

I've now built the latest version of asterisk against the latest
freebsd zaptel from cvs/svn, and still find the hanging problem with
moh enabled.

Can someone recommend a semi-recent combination of asterisk and zaptel
under FreeBSD that is know to work well? I'm running 5.2-RELEASE.

many thanks,
Richard