[Asterisk-Users] I don't know the name of this feature...

Sean Kennedy skennedy at tpno.org
Sun Nov 7 00:22:04 MST 2004

Hi all, I'm still sorta new to asterisk, and somewhat new to this list.
And I am very new to working with phone systems, so forgive me if this
question has been answered before.

Anyway.

Currently, our office phone systems have 6 outside lines coming in.  The
actual phones have lights ( indicators ) for these lines, so matter
where you are in the office, you can look at the phones and see that
someone is on line #2 ( for instance ).  I am not 100%, but I suspect
that all of these indicators are specifically tied to a specific line.
I know this is the case with the last 2 lines, which are tied to
different phone numbers all together.

What is this feature called?  Can asterisk do it?

I appreciate any help anyone can offer, and I can give more details as
needed.

Sean