[Asterisk-Users] how to establish a queue for external agents (was:Need a dial plan as follows)

Damon Estep damon at suburbanbroadband.net
Sat Nov 6 23:45:42 MST 2004

> I need to put together a dial plan for an extension that has
> this behavior;
>
> Answers the incoming call to the extension. Puts the caller
> on hold with music. Calls several other extensions  and
> external numbers (sequentially). Presents each user that
> answers one of the extensions or external numbers with an
> option to accept the call that is on hold or not
> (important!). Bridges the calls if one of the called parties
> accepts. Sends the caller to VM if no one can be reached or
> no one accepts the call.
>
> Everything I have tried results in ringing in place of the
> music on hold as soon as an outside line is bridged.
>
> During the whole process it is important that the caller
> hears no additional ringing, just MOH, a live person, or
> voicemail if no one accepts.
>
> The FindMe Example falls short of this need.
>
> If anyone has an idea if this has been done before please let me know.
> Alternatively, if you think it can be done by someone with
> the right skills let me know where the best forum to post a
> "bounty" would be. (I assume that type of activity is not
> welcomed in this one?).
>
> Additionally, if you have an opinion on how long this would
> take a skilled operator to create that would be helpful.
>
> Damon

The answer to my own question is

Hire a consultant (which I did) to create a queue with dynamic agents,
allow the agents to AgentCallbackLogin in with internal or external
extensions, and set the ackcall=yes in the agent.conf to allow the agent
to accept (#) the call or refuse it by doing nothing. This type of setup
will take a qualified consultant 1 to 2 hours to set up and a beginner 8
to 10 hours to learn :) Look up agents.conf, queues.conf, and
AgentCallbackLogin on the wiki.

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+AgentCallbackLogin

Thank you to all that offered to assist, and thank you BC for getting
the job done so fast, and on a weekend to boot!