[Asterisk-Users] SIPURA does not register with Asterisk

Bill Hamel asterisk at hamel.net
Sat Nov 6 20:06:13 MST 2004

Hi,

The first thing is I dont see a "username=<username>" in your config.I
recommend
keeping the username the same as what you have in the brackets, in this case
"[201]"

If you are behind a NAT device make sure to add "nat=yes"

And if you dont have it configured in the [general] context be sure to handle
your codecs. eg:

disallow=all
allow=ulaw   ;or whatever

Other than this, are you sure the 2000 is getting an IP address assigned to it.
Look in your docs, off hand I think on the touch tone pad of the phone you have
plugged into the 2000 you do a "****" then "110" but you'd better check into
this incase Im wrong.

So, have at it like this:

[201]
username=201
type = friend
host = dynamic
secret=201
dtmfmode = rfc2833
context = default
mailbox=201 at domain
nat=yes
canreinvite=no
callerid = "201" <201>
disallow=all
allow=ulaw

HTH
Ciao,
-b

Quoting Naren Koka <narenkoka at yahoo.com>:

> I have a SIPURA 2000 which is supposed to register
> with the Asterisk server. However it does not register
> at all.
>
> I have two lines registered in the SIP.conf
>
> [201]
> type = friend
> host = dynamic
> secret=201
> dtmfmode = rfc2833
> context = default
> mailbox=201 at domain
> canreinvite=no
> callerid = "201" <201>

dangerous content by the Bugs.Hamel.Net MailScanner,
and appears to be clean.