[Asterisk-Users] Enhanced Audio Support for EAGIs

Jeff Maki jmaki at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 6 17:46:55 MST 2004

Hey everybody,

I'm a graduate student at Carnegie Mellon, and I'm working on a project
that wishes to leverage the Sphinx speech-recognition system (also
developed at CMU) with asterisk. I see that the EAGI spec provides for an
audio stream on fd 3 for this exact purpose, but I can't seem to get it to
appear--every time I run my EAGI script (written in C, read()ing fd 3), I
get "Resource unavailable", and confirming with a bash script that lists
/dev/fd, only 0, 1 and 2 appear--no 3. What gives?

Can somebody help me get it to work?

Thanks in advance!

BTW, I already posted to the dev list, but I got no reply--sorry if this is
kinda off topic...

-Jeff.