[Asterisk-Users] Giving users the ability to break out of thequeueand go to voicemail

William M. Sandiford wsandiford at DURHAMTELECOM.com
Sat Nov 6 07:59:20 MST 2004

That's great...thanks...it makes sense to me now!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Svensson [mailto:psvasterisk at psv.nu]
Sent: Saturday, November 06, 2004 5:28 AM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Giving users the ability to break out of
thequeueand go to voicemail

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, William M. Sandiford wrote:

> Excuse the newbie nature of the question, but can you elaborate a
> little further.  Sorry...I am pretty new

There is a block in the queues.conf.sample file in the Asterisk
distribution that reads:

; A context may be specified, in which if the user types a SINGLE ;
digit extension while they are in the queue, they will be taken out ; of
the queue and sent to that extension in this context. ; ;context =
qoutcon

All you have to do is to uncomment that line in queues.conf (optionally
changing the context name) and add something like the following to your
extensions.conf:

[qoutcon]

exten => *,1,Voicemail(u9056742007)
exten => *,2,Hangup

You may have to remove the 'H' option from the call to Queue().

Peter

To UNSUBSCRIBE or update options visit: